.

Monday, July 22, 2019

Physical Therapist Report Essay Example for Free

Physical Therapist Report Essay The career I’m most interested in is Physical Therapy. Physical Therapy is Rehabilitation concerned with the restoration of function and prevention of physical disability following disease, injury or loss of body parts. (www. emonetwork. org/terms. asp) Physical Therapist have a very direct relationship with their patients and work with them over a period of time to help them become more mobile. There are numerous reasons why I want to become a physical therapist. Science, since I can remember, has always been my favorite and best subject in school. It’s what I find the most interesting and learn the easiest. Life Science, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics are all courses I have enjoyed taking. I’ve always known I was going to do something in the Healthcare Profession as a career but I never knew what until recently. I chose physical therapy because its not as much school as a doctor would go through, it’s great pay, you get to help patients live a better life, you get a lot of benefits including health insurance, and employment is expected to grow much faster then the average. Physical therapist earn an average salary of $70,000. They also get paid vacations. Helping people everyday and watching them progress is something I would enjoy doing in life. Physical therapist spend about seven years in school total depending on how long it takes you to complete your undergraduate degree. After completing your undergraduate degree you would have to go through an accredited Physical therapist graduate school, which takes about three years. I plan on going either to Sonoma State University or CSU East Bay to complete my undergraduate degree in kinesiology. After that I want to go to graduate school at the University of California San Francisco. Where: After I complete my Masters and become a licensed physical therapist I want to move to Southern California and work in a hospital down there. After a few years I want to open my own physical therapy business and be self-employed in my own private practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment